Monday, October 28, 2013

101 Days til Disney

This morning I logged on to my account at DisneyWorld.com and saw that we have 101 days until we leave for a surprise Disney trip for Lily's 7th birthday. We have made the decision to not tell her about the trip until the day we leave because we know that she will drive is CRAZY asking if and when it's time to go for the next 3 months. A great idea for her (ignorance is bliss) but I'm about to go crazy with excitement and anticipation. So, in an effort to pass the time and count down the days, I have planned up create a Mickey Mouse drawing/painting/mosaic/collage once a day for 101 days. Too ambitious? Maybe- but it will be fun to try. :-)

Stay tuned for a progress report!

11/4/13 Progress Report...
Well, it was a nice idea, but considering that I didn't even start the project the day I said I would, I figured it would be better to go another route.

I took a 12x12 canvas and made a border of 1" all the way around, then I created a grid of 100 1" squares. I drew a Mickey Mouse outline in the center of the canvas, approximately 6" in diameter. Once each square is filled with a different color and a stamped Mickey Mouse, the piece will have 101 Mickeys. The idea is/was to fill in a square a day to count down to the trip. I started it 2 days late, so I filled in the squares I missed, then this weekend I was insanely busy with our art show and an Artsy Afternoon, so I've missed 3 days and need to catch up (again). I can't imagine doing the project as I originally intended- there's just so much other stuff for me to do! Oh well... It will be a neat finished project anyway- even if it isn't completed on a perfectly scheduled schedule. :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment