Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Confession



Our Art Room: Neatly Organized!

People who come here always seem to think that I'm organized. They remark on how clean our playroom is, and how all of the toys have a place. They admire the adorable buckets hanging on the wall of the art room, art supplies neatly sorted, a la Ikea and Pinterest. But I know better. I know what they don't. I know the truth...

I know the horror of my supply closet.

Aaaaaggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We met pleasantly enough. It was a bright summer day. The closet showed such promise, and things between us started out just fine.

That's what they all say.

No, really! Painstakingly, I labeled supplies and sorted them. I stacked boxes on 3 large plastic shelving units. I tried, I really did.

They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. They also say to begin as you wish to continue. If only it were that easy.

Because as time goes on, life (or Michaels, or Hobby Lobby, or the garage sale you just couldn't pass up) keeps throwing things at you , and you have to figure out what the bleep to do with them to make them fit in your life- or supply closet.

I always tell the children: "pick up as you play." If only I followed my own advice! 


See? It says it right there: Pick Up!
It's really no surprise. When it comes to being neat, hypocrisy is my middle name. Case in point: my clothes closet. Oh dear. It's not that things are actually strewn all over the floor. It's more of an organized chaos of creative draping and pile-making on any surface OFF of the floor. My daughter does not have those skills yet. She is more partial to emptying the contents of her drawer all over the floor and leaving it for me to find. This MAKES ME CRAZY. Lately, her punishment for doing this has been closet/dresser prohibition for weeks at a time. She's quite the clothes horse, and likes to spend time finding just the right thing to wear. Part of her punishment is her having to wear whatever dear old mom picks out. Oh, the possibilities. But I digress...

Point is (do I have one?):

Do as I say, not as I do!

Yep, total hypocrite, that's me.

















No comments:

Post a Comment